Your daily dose of links….
1 — Vikings. A plethora of Vikings storys. What an exciting game! Vikings almost pull off the upset. The new rookie qb looks very promising. Adrian has a big day. Dome was rocking.
- “Vikings throw scare into Packers“. The Vikings 435 offensive yards were a season high.
- “Franchise wakes up to a new day at QB“. Souhan from the Star Trib writes about the new Ponder Era. As he says, for a first start, it was a good start.
- “Is Bernard Berrian in his final week as a Viking“. Inactive on Sunday. Coaches decision. Well said line from the Star Trib blog “If Berrian has indeed come to the end of the road here in Minnesota, the team’s dogged pursuit of him in free agency a few years back will be remembered as one of the more regrettable personnel moves in recent memory.”
- “Frazier’s decision to punt with 2:30 left was the right one“. I listened to KFAN Fan Line on the way home, and its usually full of rubes who don’t know football all too well. Or perhaps let their emotions get the best of them. A number of callers were mad the Vikings punted in the end. To those people, you don’t get football. With 3 timeouts and the two minute warning you basically give yourself the chance to get the ball back twice versus going for it on 4th and 10 from your own 36 yard line. No brainer.
- “Report: Vikings benched Donovan McNabb for poor work ethic”. This report came up Sunday morning from Lombardi at the NFL Network. Kurt Warner texted McNabb, and McNibbles denies the report. I don’t have any doubts that this is completely true.
- From ESPN1500, “Packers’ big 3rd quarter sinks Vikings“. Simply put, the Vikings got out played and out coached in the third quarter. It cost them the game. Something needs to change about this 3rd quarter performances all year long. The Vikings have been outscored 70-13 this year in the 3rd quarter!
- From VOX of the Vikings Paul Allen on his show page, “Vikings lose bits and boredom“. PA points out the great play of Everson Griffin, who I think we will see alot more of the remainder of the season. This guy can play.
2 — Gophers. Football. Pick which article you want to read. They are basically all the same. Gophers lose bad. Kill blames players and past coach. Fans are confused. Gophers lose bad. Kill believes they are improving. Gophers lose bad.